Quick Launch your Applications using shortcuts at Run in XP and Vista
How elated would you feel if you could launch your applications quickly and you could name them in your own shorter alphabets , I hope that sounds lucrative and yes it is possible by either using this small registry hack or by using the nifty application cited below you could make your work a hell lot of easier , you can launch Photoshop by typing "ps" at run or you can launch your Need for speed game by just typing "nfs" .
The Registry Hack
Note: Make sure you know how to securely make changes to the registry, only then you should follow !!
To add the program using registry, do:
- Start Registry Editor. (Start->Run->”regedit”)
- Navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\
- Create a new key in App Paths and name it “ps.exe” where ‘ps’ will be the short name.
- Now go to this new key and modify the default string’s value to the location of the program in double quotes.
- Add another new string key to this, name it “Path” and make it point to the folder where the program it located. (See figure below)
Now, go to Run and type “ps” to test it.
The Easier Way , using Add2Run
Add2Run is an application that does the above hack in a neat and quicker way .