Futuristic Technology of Militaries in the World
Futuristic Technology of Militaries of the World
Tanks were used during World War 1 for the first time in the history of warfare; nobody knew about this technology before but today it a necessity for every armed force in the world.
In today’s modern warfare it is not the tanks, but it is the small electronic gadgets that can change the face of a war. Small microchips, headsets, autonomous robots, software, special computers and many such things are required by the armed forces all over the world to tackle the critical situations.
I have listed some present and upcoming gadgets that have the ability to change the face of war
- Wrist Mounted Display- This wrist mounted display is a computer on wrist. It carries a thin layer of transistor along with a touch screen that helps the soldiers to communicate with his senior who is far away from the battlefield; through this the soldier can also send and receive vital images of his target very easily. It consumes less power and can work for longer time.
Prism 200C Backpack-This computer looks like a bag. That’s why the makers named it Backpack, but don’t go on its looks because this bag type computer has the ability to scan any type of wall and search for enemies and their equipments behind the room without entering the inside. This computer has sensors that scan the room and generate 3D images of the things which are behind the wall. This helps a soldier to prepare his plan according to the information that the computer gives him.
High Tech ATGM Launchers- ATGML(Anti-Tank Guided Missile Launcher) is a weapon with a Computer, a special software and sensors. This thing is used for destroying heavy armors like tanks in war. The soldier looks through the eyepiece into a computer screen. The computer has sensors that track the motion of the eyes and lock the target which is been seen by the soldier through the computer. After engaging, the software determines the target, its distance and visibility and launches the rocket. The rocket too has sensors that communicate with the system software until it reaches its target so that it doesn’t get misfired. It’s currently used by U.S forces but China and India has also purchase and manufactured this weapon.
Dragonfly Robot Mini UAVs- This technology is still in its infancy, this small bug robot can be used for spying purposes and for search operations. They are so small that it is nearly impossible to see them during war. They look so similar to dragonflies that it is hard to differentiate between a robot and a bug.
- Exoskeleton- W all love Iron Man and his suit, but there is a developing technology that can actually make the soldiers real life Tony Stark’s Iron Man. The exoskeleton is a body suit which has its own operating system attached to its computer. This gives enormous power to a soldier, wearing this a soldier can carry 150 pounds of weight easily, he can run faster than any normal soldier. He can use weapons that are meant to use with army vehicle like Heavy Machine Guns that are impossible to lift by a normal soldier or a normal person. All these abilities are provided, controlled and maintained by the operating system of this suit, the soldier’s body movements are understood by the computer and it helps him in his movements.
- Big Dog – When it comes to carry heavy load during wars, the soldiers lift very heavy loads that affect their stamina. To help the soldiers Big Dog autonomous robot lifts the weights. This dog like robot is artificially intelligent and knows what to carry, how to carry and where to carry goods. This is the first artificially intelligent robot which will be used by the Armies of the world soon.
- C4OPS Hybrid Headset- This is a useful military gear which enables the soldier to communicate with other soldiers without disturbance. This headset can also operate during high noise of battlefield and enables the soldiers to hear and speak with each other. Currently it is in service with U.S forces and soon is to be acquired by the Indian army.
- Indian Army’s Robotic industry
Indian army is provided with high tech Robot Daksh made by DRDO which is a remote controlled bomb defusing robot. Soon DRDO will develop a fully autonomous Daksh for better efficiency. Indian Organization DRDO is also working on Autonomous soldier robot which will take care of our borders so that our soldiers will not have guard our country in hard climates.