How to Run Whats App and Other Messaging App on your Windows Desktop
Whats App, BBM, Viber…if we keep counting the list will be endless on the number of mobile messaging apps available these days for Android and iOS. Whats App and BBM caught the pulse of users really fast and spread like forest fire in terms of popularity and economy of use. However these messaging apps are confined to only mobiles and not your personal computers. But there is good news for people who like working on big screen of their PC’s, you can run mobile messaging apps like Whats App on your desktop as well 🙂 Hope this will bring some cheer to your faces.
With this article I will tell you the way to run the Android version of Whats App and for that matter any app that you like on Android on your Windows PC. And if you are using Windows 8 with touch screen on you PC then you can get the benefit of using the Whats App via touch screen on your desktop.
To begin one needs to install an Android Emulator on their Windows PC. An emulator will enable to run Android Apps on your PC. Here we are using BlueStacks Android Emulator to run Andorid apps on Windows PC.
How to Run Whats App on Your PC
- Download BlueStacks and install it on your Windows PC. You will notice a BlueStacks app player screen in front of you after installation.
- Go to top left corner of the BlueStacks app player screen and click on Search or simply tap if you have Windows 8 PC with touch Screen.
- Search for Whats App or any mobile messaging app that you desire to use.
- Tap Apps Icon and sign In with your Google Account or create a new account if you do not wish to log in with your personal google account in BlueStacks, so that it can access Google Play and download apps that you desire
- Click the Install button of Whats App and it will download to your PC
- Feed your phone number into WhatsApp and continue. You can even enter your fixed line number if your do not have a mobile phone 🙂
- For Verification a SMS will be sent to you on your mobile, but in case you have entered a landline number then there is no option left but to wait for 5 minutes and after that you can opt for Whats App Call Verification Option to get your verification code.
- Ta Dah….its done Now your Whats App is installed and is ready to run form your Computer.
Please note that Whats App was not developed to be run on computer and it can face some errors or some issues at times, but most of the time it will smoothly on your system.
You guys can even follow the above mentioned steps to install any other Android app of your choice on you personal computer.
Let me know your experience of running Android App on your computer. If you have some suggestions and question the please let me know that too…. 🙂