How to resolve 502 Bad Gateway error?
I guess everyone of you have at least once would have came across the error “502 Bad Gateway” while trying to open a web page. Then most of you would have been scared of what has happened at once , why is this error coming and so on. All these thoughts will storm up your mind and you will start thinking what can be done now ? so let us know what exactly does this error mean and why does it occur?
What is 502 Bad Gateway ?
The 502 Bad gateway is nothing but a server error which denotes Http status code which signifies that a server has received an invalid response from another server. The error message is displayed inside the browser window in the same way as web pages are displayed.
Is it related to a user’s computer ?
Not exactly. This error can be displayed and occur in any user computer system regardless of which operating system he is using or what configuration his system possess. It simply occurs due to problem in servers online and this is temporary and can be resolved.
How 502 error is resolved ?
- Refresh the page: The best way to get the issue resolved can be trying to refresh the page by pressing f5 because sometimes it’s just the refreshing that a page needs to get back to it’s good health.
- Try a new browser session: If refreshing the web page doesn’t help out, you can close all your browser windows and close it and start a fresh browser session.
- Clear your cookies and cache: Sometimes stored cookies and cache also creates this issue so better will be to clear those cookies as well as cache.
- Run web page in other browser: Sometimes the issue is related to a particular web browser so you can try running your web page in other web browser and see if the error is coming there or not.
- Disconnect your network devices: You can also disconnect all your routers, switches, modem etc to just check if this error is related to your networking device or not. You can just give a restart to them.
- Restart your system: Sometimes restarting the system also works so if the above steps fail to resolve the issue then you can give this one a try. There might be chances that it could help out.
- Wait for sometime: Sometimes how hard we try we often fails to resolve the issue which may be due to the reason that this may be due to server or site getting overloaded so you can wait for sometime and later on try to open the web page or you can also do one thing just to make sure that the issue is not related to you, just search in Google “Down for Everyone or Just Me? “ and click the first link and paste the URL of the web page in the text box provided and it will tell you is that issue related to only you or for everybody.
Watch this video on: Why Do I Get 502 Bad Gateway?