How to format a system with Quick and Easy Steps
Are you facing problem with your system? Have you been suggested to format your system to get rid of the problem? But are you facing difficulty with it or don’t know how to format your PC , don’t worry I’ll help you out in that case. Listed below are some simple and easy to follow step by step procedure on how to format your system without losing your important data. But to ensure that you need to backup all your contents in a secondary storage device, be it a CD or a pen drive or an external hard disk . Basically we don’t format our entire system unless and until it is required to do so otherwise we simply need to format C drive to get rid of some simple problems.
Step By Step procedure:
Step1: Take a backup of your data:
- Insert the external storage device, e.g Pen drive into your computer system.
- Copy all the important data that is stored in your My Documents, Desktop as they are a part of C drive and everything from it will get erased along with the C dive.
- After taking a backup of what you need , deattach the device from the system.
Step2: Enter into Boot set up:
- Start your computer.
- As soon as you see the manufacturing company’s logo, press the key suggested to enter into BIOS setup, like it may be F2, F10 varying from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- Go to BIOS menu -> Set CD drive as your first boot device.
- Save the settings by pressing the key as displayed by your system to save them.
- Exit the set up by pressing the key as displayed by the system to exit , most probably it will be F10.
- The system will restart automatically.
Step3: Installation Phase:
- After all this process, insert the boot disc in the DVD writer.
- A message will be displayed asking you to “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”.
- Press any key of your choice.
- The window files will start loading. Wait until all files are loaded completely.
- After that some options will be displayed below the Windows logo. Select the appropriate options and click Next.
- Now click on-> “Install now”.
- Wait for it to complete the installation.
- A licence agreement will be displayed. Tick the check box attached along with “I accept the license terms”.
- Click on Next.
- Now a screen will prompt asking you the type of installation yo want. Click on “Custom Installation”.
- Now a next screen will prompt up asking you “Where to install Windows”
- Click the drive partition and chose C drive and click on Format.
- Wait to see if the formatting process gets completed. After that Click on Next button.
- Wait until the process gets completed. It is a long process so you need to be have patience.
- When the installation process gets completed, the system will restart automatically.
- After this, the system will again ask you to press any key but you have to avoid that by just waiting as it is automatically continue with it’s installation process.
- After all this long process, you will see a screen with the message ” Setup is preparing your computer for first use”
- After this, it will ask you to type a user name , that will be your system name. You can choose any name of your choice.
- Click Next.
- Now it will ask you for a password, which is an optional step. You can avoid this by clicking Next.
- Now it will ask you to enter the product key. Type in that and tick the checkbox associated with “Automatically activate Windows when I am online” and click Next button.
- Now it will ask you to chose Windows update option. From all three options, choose the first two ones.
- Set up your system date and time.
- Choose the network of your choice like the most chosen for home PC’s is private network.
- Now the Window will load a final time and your formatting and installation process gets completed successfully.
- Now you can start using your system happily and smoothly.
Watch out this video on: Windows 7 Format And Step By Step Installation