How to Change Facebook Page Username
Facebook give the option of choosing a username for your Facebook Page for eg: http://facebook.com/techstorke/ once you gather minimum 25 likes, provided that username is not restricted or already booked. The unique Facebook username give a direct brand identity to your website or blog or any page in general. And thus it is very important to wisely choose a username for your Facebook Page.
Earlier once your have chosen a username for your page it could not be altered or changed, and the only option left with us was to delete the old page and create a new one at the cost of losing all your Facebook Fans that you have gathered. But this is not the case now. Facebook now allows altering or changing the username. Facebook has decided to do away with the policy for not allowing to change the username allotted
Now you can change the username of the page by following these steps
- Login to FB page
- Go to “Edit Page” and then “Update Info” option
- Got to “Basic Information” and then “Change Username” option
- Select a desired username and Confirm…Bingo….Job Done
Things to remember after you change Facebook Username
- The old username would no longer be your property and thus you would need to change the old username to new one from the places that you have mentioned it earlier over web
- You would be allowed to change the username only once, so chose wisely and do not regret later on
- You cannot violate anyone else’s trademark rights
- If you are acquiring a username to sell it in the future (squatting), you will lose it
- Username may be reclaimed for other unauthorized usages
Follow the above mentioned basic steps to change the username of any Facebook account or Facebook Page.